provided solely for information purposes. I, in no way, endorse this message
Message of Felicitation of the Esteemed Amir-ul-Momineen on the Occasion of Eid-ul-fitre
Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest. There is no god but Allah and Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest. All praises are for Allah (SwT).
Praise be to Allah Who did help His Servant (the Holy Prophet); honored His Army, Defeated the Confederation single-handedly; peace be on the Prophet after whom there is no prophet (to be advented). Having said this, I would like to proceed as under:
,I extend my (heart-felt) felicitation to the Afghan Mujahid people and to all Islamic Ummah on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitre and, meanwhile, I congratulate you all for the continuous victories in Afghanistan. May Allah (swt) accept in His Sight your fasting, Jihad and your sufferings in the cause of the Truth.
Availing myself of this opportunity, I want to share with you my views as regards some vital matters as follows:
Regarding the Current Situation of Jihad:
The enemies of Islam and Afghanistan had envisioned that the current year would be crucial for defeat of Mujahideen and for obtainment of the wicked goal of the enemy. Even they had raised hopes and expectations in their people and the world about a fundamental change in the status quo. Praise be to Allah, all their plans transpired to prove contrary to their calculations and assessments. The enemy sustained more casualties in soul and equipments this year in comparison with last years. With the passage of each day, the Mujahideen become better familiar with the enemy tactics; they are gaining access to hardware which is instrumental in causing greater losses to the enemy. All people are now witness to the tremendous life casualties of the enemy as well as the downing of their aircrafts. Furthermore, the growing cooperation of people; the infiltration of Mujahideen in the ranks and files of the enemy, the expansion of the area of Jihad to every part of the country; the growing escalation in daily operations and availability of accumulated tactics; the extermination of high level officials of the enemy both in north and south of the country, all these give us a good news of an imminent victory and a bright future.
If we compare the achievements of the current year’s operations which are christened as Badre with those of the previous years; if we ponder over the constant defeats and unprecedented moribund position of the enemy, we can reach a clear picture that points to the high morale of Mujahideen and an all-sided descent of the enemy.
At world level, the status quo is not pro-America as it once was in the past. The American economy is facing terrible problems more than before. People of NATO member countries are coming round to know realities of the war of Afghanistan with the passage of each day. A strong stance of opposition to this meaningless war takes roots in the minds of the public. The participant countries in the invading coalition withdraw their forces ( from Afghanistan) one after another. The regional countries and people have fed up with the gunboat policy of America. In brief, this situation indicates to the victory of our sacred Jihad.
Regarding the Withdrawal of Limited Contingents of American Forces from Afghanistan:
First of all, I would like to say that limited withdrawal of the invading forces can in, no way, solve the issue of Afghanistan. The Jihad will continue unabatedly, because superficial measures further complicate the issue of Afghanistan and can produce harmful consequences. The invading forces should seek a lasting and convincing solution to the issue by immediately withdrawing their forces.
Regarding American Permanent Bases in Afghanistan:
The Afghan nation is not ready to accept establishment of American permanent bases here. The Afghans consider military presence of the invaders whether it is in a greater size or a smaller, as a foreign occupation. If the Americans persist to display arrogance in this regard and do not pay attention to the demands of the Jihadic resistance and the people of Afghanistan, they would face the same aftermath as they are facing now following the decade-long occupation of Afghanistan that even they can’t feel consolation and respite in Kabul despite expenditure of billions of dollars and casualties of thousands of troops.
All people, particularly, the academic, political and influential figures of the country, should reach a common national stance in understanding with the Islamic Emirate against the establishment of bases of the invaders. Thus, they should prove to the Americans that all the nation have, in unison, opposing views about the permanent bases of foreigners in our country. Participation in the process of support for the establishment of the permanent bases, whether it is taking place under the name of Jirga or parliament, would only separate traitors from those committed to the religion and land.
Regarding the Future of the Country:
Our manifesto is that Afghanistan should have a real Islamic regime which is acceptable to all people of the country. All ethnicities will have participation in the regime and portfolios will be dispensed on the basis of merits; will maintain good relations with regional and world countries on the basis of mutual respect, Islamic and national interests. Such dispensation will entirely focus on conduits to recover the spiritual and material losses that have been caused by the three decades-long war. Since Afghanistan has vast arable land, rich mines and high potential of energy resources, therefore, we can make investments in these sectors in conditions of peace and stability and wrangle ourselves from the tentacles of poverty, unemployment, backwardness and ignorance, which give rise to other social and economic problems. Contrary to the propaganda launched by the enemies, the policy of the Islamic Emirate is not aimed at monopolizing power. Since Afghanistan is the joint homeland of all Afghans, so all Afghans have right to perform their responsibility in the field of protection and running of the country. The future transformations and developments would not resemble the developments following the collapse of communism, when every thing of the country was plundered and the State Apparatus damaged entirely. Contrarily, strict measures will be taken to safeguard all national installations, government departments and the advancements that have been occurred in private sector. Professional cadres and national business men will be further encouraged, without any discrimination, to serve their religion and country.
The Islamic Emirate considers the presence of the foreign invading troops in the country; their blind-bombardment, night raids, their brutalities; tortures and tyranny as the main cause of the current imbroglio in the country. The issue would come to an end when the said brutalities are meted out. Similarly, IE considers establishment of an independent Islamic regime as a conducive mechanism for sustainability of religious and worldly interests of the country and the countrymen. For this purpose, every legitimate option can be considered in order to reach this goal. The contacts which have been made with some parties for the release of prisoners can’t be called as a comprehensive negotiation for the solution of the current imbroglio of the country. However, the Islamic Emirate, as an efficient political and military entity, has a specific and independent agenda in this regard which has been elucidated time and again.
Regarding the Coming Bonne Conference:
This conference will not be different from the conference held ten years ago because neither true representatives of the Afghan people have participation in it, nor attention is paid to a comprehensive and real solution of the problems of Afghanistan. Like the previous conferences and Jirgas, this conference is superficial and hypes- oriented. They want to distract the attention of the public of the world from the real solution of the Afghan issue for some time. Only those speeches and addresses are expected here which are already approved by the White House and Pentagon.
We advise all global actors involved in the issue of Afghanistan to seek a real and pragmatic solution of the Afghan issue instead of focusing on factitious and superficial solutions. They should realize the ground realities of Afghanistan; The Afghans have a splendid tradition for the solution of problems and understanding among themselves. But it is in a condition when foreign intervention does not exist. Considering it its legitimate right, the Islamic Emirate wages a lawful struggle for the defense of its religion, country and soil. The only reason for that being the presence of foreign invaders in the land. If the global invading coalition ends occupation of our land, the Islamic Emirate, as a peace-loving and responsible regime, will maintain positive relations with countries of the region and the world.
We advise all countries including the neighbors not to become part of any colonialist game concerning the future of Afghanistan, because it will serve no one’s interests. The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, as heir of two million Afghan martyrs, is determined to make independent decisions concerning the future of Afghanistan regardless of foreign intervention. Such decisions will be embodiment of the aspirations of the martyrs and our national and Islamic interests, dignity and honor of the Afghans.
We would like to make it clear to all sides that neither the Afghans accept imposed regimes nor such regimes can endure here.
Regarding the Administrators of the Kabul Administration:
We once again call on the Afghans working for the Kabul Administration to desist from the support of the invaders; stand by the side of Mujahideen, shoulder to shoulder, against the enemies of Islam and country. Your joining the Mujahideen will compel the occupying forces to leave our soil. Thus, the sacrifices of our miserable people will come to fruition and our country will become embellished with the ornaments of independence, prosperity and Islamic regime and it will blossom. This is in the interests of all.
To the Vanguards of the Stronghold of Truth:
a) In view of the sensitivities of the prevailing conditions, it is essential that you concentrate on your Jihadic obligations more than before. Many parts of the country have been cleansed from the unholy presence of the enemy thanks to your struggle. Strive to cleanse the remaining parts of the country from the presence of the enemy. Never neglect Jihadic affairs; display strong determination and hammer out efficient and meticulous planning. Make the pleasure of Allah (swt) as your goal.
b) Regard jihad as a main principle. Observe obedience to your Amir and see to implement the codes of conduct of Mujahideen which have been delivered to you. The Jihadic chiefs nominated by us in all parts of the country are your Sharia-based leaders. You should obey them.
c) You should strictly observe precautionary measures which are told you by your leaders. If you commit neglect in this regard and do not take care though you are able to do so, then you will be harmed by the enemy in this world and will be responsible in the Sight of Allah (SwT).
d) You should be very careful about conduct with the common people. Gain the heart of people through good conduct and behavior. Our nation is a Mujahid and Muslim nation. They have made colossal sacrifices in the cause of Islam more than any one else and have passed through sufferings and hardships. You should respect every common individual whether he is an old man, a young , a child or a woman. If you receive any report about a given person, first, make meticulous investigation about him. Never harass people on the basis of fake and biased reports. Pay attention to the good advices and views expressed by the common people. When you face a common man, think if you were a commoner in his place and if you had no weapon, what you would expected him to behave with people. In other words, think if that given person whom you are confronting with, if he was your father, brother or another close relative, how would you behave with him? Mujahideen should always have a conduct of kindness and tenderness with the common man. They should never regard themselves above them.
e) Do not impose bans or issue orders to people by yourselves unless your leadership has instructed you to do so or your provincial chiefs permitted you to do the task. Otherwise, this will defame the Mujahideen and Jihad. It gives reason to the enemy to launch negative propaganda and create a rift between the people and the Mujahideen. Similarly, you should implement the instructions given to you in consultation with the people of the area and the local religious scholars.
f) No one affiliated with the Islamic Emirate is allowed to extort money from people by force. If a Mujahid or any one else is found extorting money from national businessmen, landlords and other wealthy men by the barrel of gun or if they are involved in kidnapping people for ransom, they should be prohibited from doing so. If you managed to detain them, administer to them punishment as per the Sharia rules. ( Remember) protection of life and property of people is one of the main goals of Jihad.
g) To end, I would like to say that you should allot time for reading to enhance your knowledge and ever try to learn something; participate in activities aimed at calling people to the religion; often recite Mathura prayers and hymns; focus on sport , physical exercise and Jihadic training. You should hone your outward and inner self in a manner that conforms to the rules of the sacred Sharia and, among people, lead a life of a holy, God-fearing, beneficent and philanthropist men.
h) Books of code of conduct of Mujahideen have reached every stronghold and province. So all provincial governors should see that Mujahideen under their command have fully absorbed the contents of the book and abide by them.
To University Professors, Students, the Intelligentsia and Writers both Inside and Outside the Country:
Gentlemen! Our future relies on a complete independence. If we do not have independent country, our future will be no more than that of slaves. A master never gives a slave what he chooses for himself. The master always uses the slave as a tool and a gambit. In view of this, in the past decade, the aggressors of our land haven’t completed mega and strategic projects (in our country) i.e. large water dams, a national electricity network and other heavy industries. These projects are vital for our economy. Contrarily, they have openly and secretly flared up geographical and racial conflicts and encouraged the youth to involve in lingual and geographical controversies. This amounts to destroying the future of our country.
It is our and your joint Islamic and national obligation to save the young generation from the impact of the enemy’s dissension-oriented propaganda. As our Mujahid people put up resistance, thanks to the sacred Jihad ,against the political and military occupation of our country by the Westners, in the same vein, it is indispensable that all should robustly block the way of dissemination of the depravity-infested western culture and its harmful ideological impacts on this Muslim and proud country. We should strive devotedly, honestly and with the Afghan characteristic of strong determination to ensure that our future generations live in the embrace of the sacred culture of Islam. God forbid, if we neglect to do so, our brave people will become alien to the bright past of Islam due to the detrimental impacts of the Western civilization. Professors, students, writers and the intelligentsia should individually and collectively wage a practical struggle for obtainment of complete independence; for protection of national and Islamic values and for solidarity of the Afghans. We should remain united for the sake of a common goal and wipe out all hypothetical and superficial gaps. It is the Islamic values that can do away with all lingual and geographical differences among the Afghans. But it requires sacrifice to do that.
To the Public of Afghanistan and the World:
First of all, I thank various strata of the Afghan society who consider the current Islamic Jihad as their religious obligation and have passed through toils and fatigues in the path of Jihad and struggle in the past decade. They extended all-sided cooperation to Mujahideen and fulfilled their Jihadic obligation. But in order to save yourselves from wasting your sacrifices rendered in the past decade, you should further continue the cooperation. If a person is able to wage Jihad physically and with a weapon, he should do his obligation. The men of letters should put to work their pens in the cause of defense of their religion and the well-to-do should spend their wealth in procurement of Jihadic necessities.
We urge the Muslims of the world to support the Mujahideen through their material and spiritual support. Similarly, we urge independent people and personalities of the world to support the legitimate defensive struggle of the Afghans and do not allow the tyrannical arrogant to coerce the oppressed people of the world to become exposed to the wicked and tyrannical motives of the arrogants simply because they use force and violence.
To end I once again extend my felicitation on the occasion of the Eid to all Muslims of the world, to all miserable Afghans, to fighters at the strongholds, to Mujahideen prisoners, to families of martyrs, to all orphans of the cause of Jihad, to widows and all affectees. I call on the wealthy people of the society not to forget the needy and indigent men in these days. At the end, I ask the Almighty Allah to bestow on us the coming Eids in a time that we are living under the shade of a peaceful, independent and Sharia-based Islamic regime. Amen. Peace be on you all.
Servant of Islam, Amir-ul-Momineen
Mullah Mohammad Omar Mujahid
بيان أمیر المؤمنین الملا/ محمد عمر مجاهد
بمناسبة عید الفطر المبارک لعام 1432 هـ
Kandahar Governor (And former UBC Prof) Tooryalai Wesa released his year end report and address to the Kanadahari people.
Kandahar Governor 1389 Year Brief Activity Report
Dear Kandahar residents, respected elders mothers and sisters, journalists and reporters!
Accept my best greetings and wishes.
Initially, I heart fully thank all Kandahar residents, elders, religious scholars, mujahidin, civilized associations members, youth generation, reporters, journalists, authors, brothers and sisters which have supported my leadership in very sensitive circumstances and have given solemn advice for the more progress of the affairs of this provincial government.
Dear Kandahari People:
According to yours and my military and civil departments officials advice and with support of international communities in considering the current situation of the province a cooperative comprehensive plan was prepared for superior security, good governance and development in the related aspects which the most parts of the plan as well implemented, so based on the accountability to the people, as part of this plan I would like to give the explanations of my 2nd year employment achievements briefly.
• Search Operations launched in Kandahar city and some related districts Arghandab, Panjwaie, Zhari, and Dand which cleared from the existence of the enemies.
• For better security of the province, about 600 types of weapons collected from private security companies and submitted to DIAG program.
• For stabilizing permanent security, 117 Medrasas and more than 300 Masjids are registered.
• National High Peace Council officially gathered in Kandahar in participation of southwest and western provinces governors.
• For better security in Kandahar, extra security regions are founded.
• For stabilizing a good security in Kandahar, Afghan National Police (ANP) 3 extra Battalions added to the 205 ATAL corps.
• For good and permanent security, the number of ANP and National Directorate of Security (NDS) police are augmented, ANP and Afghan National Civil Order Police (ANCOP) new brigade which is equipped with modern weapons and arms placed in Kandahar. Also 90 local police for the first time deployed in Nagahan village of Arghandab district and the deployment process of local police is ongoing.
• From the beginning of 1389 year 10 suicide bombers explosives prevented around the city and related districts and in various operations about 250 high ranking and low ranking appositions are killed and more than 110 enemies are captured by security forces which were doing guerrilla killings captured by detective departments and more than 2600 roadside bombs are neutralized by security forces.
• Afghans led the Clearing Operations in Mah e Nijat area of city.
• Making one brigade and two battalions of Afghan National Army.
• Well qualified employees are given jobs in Kandahar related districts 21 for Arghandab, 15 for Panjwaie, 21 for Zhari and 27 for Dand districts.
• Candidates are tested with exams for the key directorate parts and for empty posts of the districts. New directors are selected for the most key directorates.
• New Shuras are established for Dand, Spin Buldak, Arghandab, Daman, Maiwand and Zhari districts which are representatives for the people honestly.
• Based on the agreement with International Security Assistance Forces (ISAF) and United States Agency for International Development (USAID), new contract policy named “Afghan First Policy” made which is authorizing the Government to take relevant taxes from contractors and additionally will have the authority to evaluate and monitor the projects.
• New office departments are built for Dand and Arghndab employees and also the new apartments work on progress for their residing.
• Dand district became the official district of Kandahar province and process of making official the Takhtapool District is ongoing.
• According to a decree of Afghan President, an Amlak commission founded in Kandahar which opened the lands from the people which were non- lawfully possessed by them in this process shops of Manzalyn market destroyed and a school for male and female students is being constructed there. Also 150 jiribs land was freed in Kokaran and hundred jiribs in of land in Dorahi besides, in Shkapoor bazaar hundreds shops and houses obliterated and the land possessed by the government.
• Districts employees are paid high amount of salaries by DDP program.
• Tens of thousands youths, male and female are working inside the city and related districts, which is a big output in our recruitment process in the local government.
C: Reconstruction and socio-economic Developments:
• Kandahar University Senior Management Team was given the privileges of super scale salary.
• Kandahar University website designed and is already online.
• University central area all pavements and drains are paved with the total cost of USD 150,000 and ready for use.
• Noori Fiber project is practically operating and the university related officials are benefiting of it in financial aid of North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).
• 75 Solar power producing poles are installed in the university related area with the total cost of USD 100,000.
• There are three green planted rooms in Agriculture faculty analyzing farm with the total cost of USD 8,000.
• The University central lab apartment foundation started which will totally cost USD 3,000,000.
• University Computer lab provided with the total cost of USD 55,000. Also computer and English learning center inside the university completed with the total cost of USD 80,000 and ready for use.
• A protocol contract of mutual donations was signed between Kandahar University and American Ball State University in financial assistance of USAID which will be valid up to two years.
• Also for Economy, Islamic Studies, Engineering, and Agriculture faculties the partnership methods are developed which will be completed to the end of this year.
• In the year1389, ten teachers of Kandahar University were sent to different countries for getting the MBBS and 7 teachers returned back which were abroad for the past two years.
• The process of connecting Kandahar University Agriculture Faculty with the Briseno University of United States of America is in progress.
• In the year1398, education Directorate related schools graduated youths are introduced for higher education to different countries, 38 students to Pakistan, 40 to Afghan-American, 20 to India and six students to Turkey, also 10 teachers are introduced for securing MBBS to Japan and 11 teachers in management are sent to Germany.
• In year 1389, 18,000 students newly enrolled in schools.
• From the beginning of the year 1389, 23 new apartments are built for schools 5 inside the city and 18 others in related districts of the province with total cost of USD 2,150,000.
• In Kandahar, 37 schools are equipped with labs with the cost of one million dollars.
• By the end of the year1389, Ahmad Shah Baba, Mirwais Mini male/female and Ghazi Amanullah high schools’ renewing process will be finished with total cost of an amount of USD 300,000.
• In the year 1389, some 1,300 teachers are officially attending schools which 700 out of 1,300 are female teachers.
• A new science center established with total cost of USD 500,000 which is practically being experienced in biology and chemistry sectors.
• Kandahar Education Directorate has distributed stationary to all schools classes and a new contract for the stationary is signed for 112,000 students.
• 11 closed schools reopened and 38 schools newly established.
• Tens of public-welfare projects implemented in Kandahar city as paving of roads, canals constructions, building of cement trashes, installation of solar lights, and repair of drains and renewing of Masjids which could be categorized as following in the sub-districts level:
• Ten Projects in first Sub-district
• Four projects in second Sub-district
• Seven projects in third Sub-district
• Fourteen projects in fourth Sub-district
• Fourteen projects in fifth Sub-district
• Eighteen projects in sixth Sub-district
• Seven projects in seventh Sub-district
• Six projects in eighth Sub-district
• Five projects in ninth Sub-district
• Three projects in tenth Sub-district
• also 8 Masjids are renewed in Kandahar city 15 other Masjids renewing process are ongoing in addition to districts wise tens other Masjids renewing process are in progress.
Agriculture and Livestock Directorate:
• About 8,820 farmers are distributed agricultural-kits one to each farmer, 50 kilograms of improved seeds, and 50 kilograms of chemical fertilizer and the distribution process of 100 kilograms Yorya fertilizer to each farmer is going on inside the city and to the related districts of the province by International Relief and Development (IRD) organization.
• The farmers of Dand and Daman districts are distributed 200 tons of improved seeds 200 tons of DDP and 400 tons of Yorya fertilizer.
• The foundation of a new apartment is laid for the Agriculture Directorate Kandahar which the expanses will totally cost 6,600,000 Afghani.
• 30 Jiribs of land in farm Turnak is separated for planting the sprouts by Agriculture Directorate Ministry Development budget with the total cost of 667,000 Afghani and will be ready for planting.
• Kandahar Agriculture Directorate has distributed 43 tractor vehicles in Arghandab, 60 tractors to Spin Buldak and Takhtapool along with all its equipments to 56 Cooperatives with the financial assistance of IRD.
Public Work Directorate:
• Kandahar Public Works Directorate as per their plan has cleaned about 110 kilometer drains and cleared 30 cubic kilometers of culvert sedimentation.
• 68 Kilometer road is asphalted and 6,000 square meter paved road surroundings as well repaired.
• A hundred- ton weighting scale is based in Kandahar Bagh e Ful area to control the weight of heavy vehicles coming through Heart-Kandahar highway.
• The work progress of 70 kilometer road pavement is completed in financial aid of Kandahar City Municipality and other donations agencies and tens other roads repairing process are ongoing.
• Southern passing bypass road which is about 49 kilometer long started from Shurandam Kandahar-Spin Buldak main road and passed through the villages of Munara and Dand and Panjwaie districts and finally reaches the spot to Zhari Pashmol the Kandahar-Heart highway, 22 kilometer work is finished with the total cost of USD 6,000,000and for the rest the issue negotiated with donors.
• In the year 1389, Kandahar Sports Department has launched 5 football tournaments, 2 volleyball tournaments, one horse running race and two wrestling matches.
• A five-day seminar held by sports Department for football players, explaining football background and other football related issues, which successfully ended.
• Sports Department office renewed with the total cost of USD 50,000.
Public Health Directorate:
• 22 midwives graduated from Public Health Institute in the year 1389.
• Kandahar Public Health Directorate has built health centers inside the city and in related districts of the province with the total cost of USD 3,600,000.
• The foundation stone for Health institute was laid which will totally cost USD 270,000.
Water and Power Directorate:
• By the end of year 1389, the power tax will be computerized and all the customers will be paying taxes through banks.
• A 500-kilowatt generator plant was installed for Spin Buldak district in order solve the district residents’ power problem.
• A 200-kilowatt generator was installed for Panjwaie district disabled blocks and now their power problems are settled.
• A 10-migawatt power generator is provided for Shuarandam industrial factories and for Kandahar city residents.
• A 10-migawatt power generator producing work is ongoing.
Rural Rehabilitation and Development Directorate:
• Rural Rehabilitation and Development Directorate has completed 525 public-welfare projects in all 16 districts of Kandahar province.
• 44 projects are ongoing, 573 projects are newly started, 585 projects contracts are signed and 30 projects contract canceled due to low-quality during the monitoring and evaluation of the projects. The total cost for the above projects are 246, 000,000 Afghani.
• A big gathering was held in Arghandab district for the no cultivation of opium and poppy.
• Chemical fertilizer and improved seeds distributed in four districts of Kandahar province.
• In order to prevent farmers from cultivation of poppy, the farmers were encouraged to cultivate saffron which firstly this trail version was done in Daman district also 8 farmers were sent to Heart province for getting the professional skills in this regard.
• There are extensive campaigns launched for the no cultivation of poppy.
• Joint meetings held with some organizations for the treatment of addicted in Kandahar which has 20 beds at the same time.
• Kandahar Police Headquarters Counter-Narcotics Department has seized 180 kilograms of opium in Ghurak district of Kandahar province which burnt.
• In Kandahar Central Jail, there is serious ban on using drugs and all the sources are closed which could have access for providing the drugs to the prisoners.
• The districts which have brought the cultivation of poppy to zero for their future encouraging 10 Tractors are bought them.
• Arghandab River Irrigation System is kept active which Shawalikot, Arghestan, Zhari, Maiwand, Panjwaie, Dand and Damd districts farmers water their lands with 110 sub-canals and get high value products every year.
• Arghndab River gates which control the water are newly repaired.
• Dahla Damn Turbine which was not working once, again activated and repaired by its professional staff.
• Dahla Damn and Arghandab River water management system is under work, once all canals became clean in that case the water can reach every part easily.
• Kandahar province related water management nine gates which plays an important role in water management are repaired which their locations are as following:
• Bandar-e-Inherafy, Omomi Sarband, Delawar Khan Kalacha, inside the main canal, Sarband general canal and Baba Wali canal.
• Water management Directorate has implemented 74 public-welfare projects in various parts of Kandahar.
• In financial aid of IRD and with close cooperation of water Management Directorate 120 Kariz cleaning process is completed.
• As per the request of Kandahar related districts’ residents, 205 projects are implemented by PDP.
• The following projects completed in various sectors in Kandahar:
• 15 projects in Public Health
• 16 projects in Agriculture
• 30 projects in Education
• 40 projects in Infrastructure
• 5 projects in Private Sector
• 10 projects in Security Sector
• 3 projects in Governance and Human Rights
• 9 projects in Social Safety
The total cost for the above mentioned projects is 40,200,000 Afghani.
• In Kandahar Spin Buldak district a survey for the building of a modern custom apartment is completed and the practical work will start soon.
Media and Culture Section:
• Tolo-e-Afghan daily newspaper after 89 years printed color and the quality is as well better.
• The apartment for Governor House Media Office is constructed also culture Directorate library apartment work progress is about 95% completed. In Cultural parts, the Information and Culture Directorate has held two seminars and 17 Academic gatherings.
• About ten books of authors/writers are published so far and ten other will be published very soon.
• The renovation process of Hajji Mirwais Khan Nika mausoleum ended, also Sher e Sorkh Shrine, Ahmad shah Baba Grave- Tomb, Shahidano Chuk and Chil Zeny work process is continuing.
• Making libraries and museums.
• Women Affairs Directorate:
• Donating sewing machines to the women with the budget of Kandahar Governor House.
• Conducting anti-violence courses for women.
When I first arrived in Baghdad (back in 2003) at the ABC bureau, a young Iraqi fixer asked me if I liked music. (yes.) Then he asked me if I liked metal. (sure.) Then he started talking abut pretty much every sub-genre of metal ... thrash, hardcore, norwegian (black vs death metal) ... known to man.
Adel knows metal. Baghdad loves metal. Metal is Life.
Thanks to the power of Facebook we connected again (he's married .. Congrats!)
And its still not too loud. Or too old. Turn your laptop to 11....
Full text of President Barack Obama's speech on Muslim relations, delivered at the University of Cairo. Text has not been checked against delivery.
THE WHITE HOUSE
Office of the Press Secretary
June 4, 2009
Remarks of President Barack Obama
A New Beginning
June 4, 2009
I am honored to be in the timeless city of Cairo, and to be hosted by two remarkable institutions. For over a thousand years, Al-Azhar has stood as a beacon of Islamic learning, and for over a century, Cairo University has been a source of Egypt’s advancement. Together, you represent the harmony between tradition and progress. I am grateful for your hospitality, and the hospitality of the people of Egypt. I am also proud to carry with me the goodwill of the American people, and a greeting of peace from Muslim communities in my country: assalaamu alaykum.
We meet at a time of tension between the United States and Muslims around the world – tension rooted in historical forces that go beyond any current policy debate. The relationship between Islam and the West includes centuries of co-existence and cooperation, but also conflict and religious wars. More recently, tension has been fed by colonialism that denied rights and opportunities to many Muslims, and a Cold War in which Muslim-majority countries were too often treated as proxies without regard to their own aspirations. Moreover, the sweeping change brought by modernity and globalization led many Muslims to view the West as hostile to the traditions of Islam.
Violent extremists have exploited these tensions in a small but potent minority of Muslims. The attacks of September 11th, 2001 and the continued efforts of these extremists to engage in violence against civilians has led some in my country to view Islam as inevitably hostile not only to America and Western countries, but also to human rights. This has bred more fear and mistrust.
So long as our relationship is defined by our differences, we will empower those who sow hatred rather than peace, and who promote conflict rather than the cooperation that can help all of our people achieve justice and prosperity. This cycle of suspicion and discord must end.
I have come here to seek a new beginning between the United States and Muslims around the world; one based upon mutual interest and mutual respect; and one based upon the truth that America and Islam are not exclusive, and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles – principles of justice and progress; tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.
Its rare to see a maple leaf sticker on a car in Canada. But here in Kabul the red and while flag is slapped on tens of thousands of cars.
Canadian forces will soon face an invasion in Kanadhar. And its not clear, if they know quite what to do about it.
Follow up: A Canwest story moved just hours after posting, Canada concedes hard-won territory to Taliban reflects the on-the-ground reality in Panjwaii, the focus of much of Canada's counter-insurgency efforts .
Its now been more than six years since I started this blog. Six years, to the day, since American troops secured Baghdad's Firdos Square and tore down that statue of Saddam Hussein. And some years since this blog has been really updated.